What does self-care mean to you? While it can be expressed in a variety of ways, self-care is typically defined as simply being kind to yourself. We often feel guilty or even selfish about taking time for ourselves, but in reality if you aren't kind to yourself and supportive of your own needs, it will be almost impossible to be supportive of others.
Here are some ways you can incorporate self-care into your daily routine:
- Get some sleep - We all know that groggy feeling that leaves us in a fog for the whole day if we don't get enough sleep. Sometimes it makes us moody or grumpy but consistently missing precious hours of sleep can lead to bigger, more serious health concerns down the road.
- Do something that makes you feel good - Want to take a walk? Sit and read a book for an hour? Eat some dark chocolate? Do it. Do something that is just for you and leaves you feeling happy. Maybe you want to be alone in the quiet or surrounded by a group of friends. What's important is that you're left feeling better.
- Stand up for yourself - This one may be a bit difficult for some of us, but it is so incredibly important that we know our self-worth. Don't let people walk all over you or push you into doing something you don't want to. Stand up for you, your needs, and what is best for your own mental well-being. Say no when you need to and don't feel guilty about it.
- Exercise - Taking care of yourself physically can lead to all sorts of health benefits including emotional and psychological benefits as well. Any amount of exercise is better than none, so take the stairs more often, stretch during your lunch break, or take the dog for an extra long walk tonight.
- Manage your stress - Find something that works for you to help dealing with stress. Meditation, yoga, keeping a journal, seeing a therapist, or maybe even a boxing class. Finding a healthy way to deal with the inevitable stresses of life can let you take control back of your life.
- Kanna Affects Stress - Another way to help incorporate stress management into your daily routine is with Kanna Affects Stress. This all natural supplement contains a blend of herbs that work harmoniously together to help support your body during everyday stress
The most important thing to remember is that self-care is not a one time activity; it's ongoing. It isn't a luxury you treat yourself to every once in a while, it is an essential activity that needs to be incorporated into your weekly routine. Don't feel guilty for taking time for you!